Monday, July 07, 2008

My birthday wish!

Its been a while since I wrote mainly because being in Australia means working hard, continuously and feeling knackered at the end of the day. It was my birthday yesterday and my only wish is for Chita to get here. I am over living apart. Its been a struggle mentally and emotionally for me. I had a massage on Saturday afternoon and the masseur said to me that I had a struggle going on between my left side and my right. Its true. I am torn between being me, and being the working me, efficient, capable and exhausted.
Chita, the man who did not know how to use a mobile three years a go, shocked me on the weekend by ringing me, using free Vodaphone minutes. The fact that he even knew about free minutes, threw me, and then the fact that he actually picked up the phone to ring, blew me away.
His English is so formal on the phone. Well Amanda, I think we need to create an equal situation.
Yes we do.
I have been reluctant to ring the migration agent to find out where we stand in case I get another serve. I think he thinks I am going to go behind his back and put in all the information I have amassed on three and a half years with a Fijian, in business. I am sticking to his list...
However I got an email today saying that the visa has been submitted. I have bits missing which Chita is ready and a waiting to hand in.
What has been really interesting for me, as far as a long distance relationship goes, is knowing I am committed, and being a big picture person, anticipating the wait and not wanting to go through it, and now I am in it, its not too bad. The end for me is in sight. I have friends who recently married in Fiji and after four months she has brought her new husband to Australia.
Meanwhile Chita and I wait for me to pass as a responsible sponsor and he goes under the microscope to make sure he has no police record and no undesirable traits...
Interesting time...
I have never had to wait so long for something in my life. Its longer than Christmas...
Chita has been really vocal in stating how much he misses me.
He told me last Thursday when I rang him that he has been wandering around feeling empty and not wanting to do anything much.
So you love me, was my response.
Is that so was his reply. I have never felt like this before...
Special.
My birthday wish is for him to come to Oz, for us to live together, for him to get some knowledge about running a small business and for us to travel a bit, before committing to go back. I would like to build a beach shack up on the hill, and then attempt to run a business where keri keri- please please help me.... happens every other minute.
Chita has had enough. He is barely making $20-$50 a week and everyone thinks he is loaded...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA, for the other day.

Thanks for the chat today, you have calmed my worried mind :-)

Leezett